Saturday, October 31, 2009

The motherload

Sometimes, if you're really lucky, you will have an amazing Aunt who not only pays for you to stay in one of Gion's best ryokans on your last trip abroad... she'll also remember your feverent love of Japanese Kitkats. I was lucky on both accounts and on Aunty C's trip home from Italy via Narita she pretty much scoured the entire airport for every Kitkat she could find. Which resulted in the above haul! (along with some Baci and an Agatha Ruiz De La Prada lipgloss... she knows me so well)
I scored NINE green tea/matcha Kitkats - I had just finished my stockpile so this was great timing. I also scored two plum soda, a bag of mini orange, two carrot & apple and a Tokyo limited edition box of koi-kinako (dark soybean)! Score!!
Jury is still out on the carrot and apple flavour... I've eaten plenty of green kitkats, but pastel orange? Not so much.

3 comments:

  1. OOh! I have a major love for Japanese Kit Kats too! :D Your aunt is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. they're so crazy huh? whenever people haven't heard of them they tend to freak out and think they will be awful! some maybe so... but the green tea is fantastic!
    im a very lucky girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wooooooooooooooooooow! How great is your aunt. The Tokyo Kinako ones sound divine.

    ReplyDelete