Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Let there be light.. bulbs

You don't know what you've got til it's gone. That's how I feel about incandescent light bulbs. After visiting people with fluorescent lights in their houses I'm pretty sure that I'm not going enjoy the changeover- the light is harsh and cold (not to mention the scariness of breaking the bulb and having to dispose of the mercury properly!).

Panic almost set in when I could no longer buy the good light bulbs in the supermarket.
Apparently there is similar panic in the EU which prompted Ingo Maurer to unveil the Euro Condom at Milan Design Week. This image pretty much says it all. The "condom" softens the light emitted from the fluorescent lightbulbs.



I also spotted these very cute Bulb Caps on Design For Use > which would cast a really pretty light around your home and you could change the colour on a whim.

No comments:

Post a Comment